Your use of our site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not
agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site or click on any links.
This Site Agreement shall supersede any prior or subsequent terms or conditions. Kangaroo
Rewards reserves the right to make changes to this site and to these terms and conditions at
any time. Any such modifications will become effective upon the date they are first posted
to this site.
Ownership of Our Site
This site is owned and operated by Kangaroo Rewards, wholly owned by Mobicept. All content
included on our site, such as photographs, illustrations, images, text, audio clips, video
clips, and content is owned by or authorized to be used by Kangaroo Rewards or our Content
providers or sponsors or advertisers. All 3rd party company logos are owned by their
respective companies and NOT Kangaroo Rewards. All Content is protected by US, Canadian and
international copyright laws. Kangaroo Rewards and associated logos, banners and graphics
are registered trademarks. You may not use our trademarks without our written
User Conduct & Participation
The Site and its contents, including but not limited to articles, newsletters, promotional
language, graphical images, interactive applications, and the user interface (the “Content”)
are the property and copyrighted material of Kangaroo Rewards, its licensors, vendors and
partners. “Content” also includes any material from the Site that Kangaroo Rewards delivers
to you through e-mail. You may display the Content and otherwise use the Site solely for
your personal, non commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, forward, display,
repost, reprint, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, link to, quote or sell
any content except as expressly permitted by the copyright laws, in this Site Agreement.
Although we use our reasonable best efforts to ensure that content and pictures posted on
our site are not misused, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such
content or pictures.
As a convenience, our site links to other sites that may be of interest to you but are not
under our control. These links do not imply an endorsement by us and we are not responsible
for the availability of or the content contained in any linked site. Disclaimers The
information on our Web site is provided “AS IS.” We do not warrant, either expressly or by
implication, the accuracy of any such materials or information provided on the site or their
suitability for any particular purpose, and expressly disclaims all warranties, including,
but not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Although the information provided to visitors on our website is obtained or compiled from
sources we believe to be reliable, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy, validity,
timeliness, completeness or reliability of any information or data made available to
visitors or its suitability for any particular purpose.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will Kangaroo Rewards and our Content providers or sponsors be
responsible or liable to you in any way for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect,
punitive or any other damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content,
links, photos, pictures, or images posted on our site, emailed or otherwise. Neither we nor
any of our affiliates, members, directors, officer, employees, agents, operational or
participating business providers are liable or shall have responsibility of any kind to any
visitor or member for any loss or damage that said party incurs in the event of (i) any
failure or interruption of this website; (ii) any act or omission of any third party
involved in making this website or the data contained herein available to visitors; or (iii)
any other cause relating to a visitor’s access or use, or inability to access or use, any
portion of this website or materials on this website. In no event will we, our affiliates,
subsidiaries, members, officers or employees be liable to any visitor or member for any
direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any other loss or damages
of any kind even if we or any other party has been advised of the possibility thereof.
Although we use our reasonable best efforts to ensure the accuracy of the Content on our
site, we make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, correctness, or
reliability of the Content. Further, we make no representations or warranties that the
functional aspects of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that our site or the
server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. You
acknowledge that your use of our site is at your own risk.
We reserve the right to change this Site Agreement at any time by revising the terms and
conditions herein. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions
and your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your acceptance of such
changes. You are bound by this agreement when you access our site and until you have
destroyed all Content that you have downloaded or copied from our site, you are, in
addition, bound by this agreement whether you downloaded or copied the Content under the
terms of this agreement or otherwise. We may deny access to the Site to anyone at any time.
We reserve the right to make changes to our site and to this agreement at any time without
ANY RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE RESERVED.
TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
Terms of Service Kangaroo Rewards, hereafter “KANGAROO”
Last revised: January 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT TO THIS WEBSITE AND TO THE PRODUCTS. YOU AGREE TO CHECK FOR UPDATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. BY USING THIS WEBSITE OR THE PRODUCTS, YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, THEN YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE PRODUCTS.
BY SIGNING AN ACCEPTANCE FORM OR BY USING A KANGAROO LICENSE, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “AGREEMENT”) GOVERNING YOUR USE OF KANGAROO’S ONLINE SERVICE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICE”). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE. As part of KANGAROO’s service, including offline components, KANGAROO will provide you with use of the Service for the duration of the term. For reference, a Definitions section is included at the end of these Terms of Service.
2. License Grant & Restrictions: KANGAROO hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable (other than in connection with a permitted assignment pursuant to Section 20) worldwide right to access and use the Service, solely for your own lawful business purposes in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Agreement. The Users are authorized to exercise the rights granted to you in this Section 2. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by KANGAROO and its licensors. As used herein, the term “Service” shall include any update, upgrade or new version of the Service released by KANGAROO during the Initial Term and any renewal term thereof, which shall be provided to you at no additional cost. You may not access the Service if you or any of your Affiliates is/are a direct competitor of KANGAROO, except with KANGAROO’s prior written consent, which may be refused in its absolute discretion. In addition, you may not access the Service for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes. You shall not, except as expressly permitted in the Agreement, (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party, whether for remuneration or not, the Service or the Content in any way (ii) modify or make derivative works based upon the Service or the Content; (iii) create external internet “links” to the Service or “mirror” any Content on any other server or wireless or Internet-based device; or (iv) reverse engineer or access the Service in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service, and/or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service. You may use the Service only for your own lawful business purposes and, without limitation, shall not: (i) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; (ii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including, without limitation, material harmful to children or violative of third party privacy rights; (iii) knowingly send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (iv) knowingly interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service or the software contained therein; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or its related systems or networks; or (vi) use the Service as a service bureau or allow the use of the Service or the software contained therein by or on behalf of third parties, except as specifically permitted in the Agreement.
3. Your Responsibilities: You are responsible for all activity occurring under your User accounts and shall abide by all applicable local, provincial, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of the Service, including those related to data privacy, Communication Spam Laws (including but not limited to CAN-SPAM in USA or CASL in Canada) , international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data. You shall: (i) promptly notify KANGAROO promptly of any unauthorized use of any password or account or any other known or suspected breach of security; (ii) report to KANGAROO promptly and use reasonable efforts to stop immediately any copying or distribution of Content that is known or suspected by you or your Users; and (iii) not impersonate another KANGAROO user or provide false identity information to gain access to or use the Service. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Site and the Products do not generate a number of spam or other complaints in excess of industry norms. Kangaroo may terminate your access to or use of the Site and the Products if we determine that your level of spam or other complaints is higher than industry norms, as determined by us in our sole discretion. As a matter of privacy, we will not share with you, information about those recipients who complain about your use of the Products or file a spam report against you.
The Site and the Products shall only be used for lawful purposes and you shall use the Site and the Products only in compliance with this Agreement and all other applicable U.S., state, local and international laws in your jurisdiction, including:
• the CAN-SPAM Act;
• Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation;
• any policies and laws related to unsolicited SMS (TEXT) Messages, emails, spamming, privacy, copyright and trademark infringement;
• laws relating to advertising, sales or promotional efforts or practices, redemption, refunds and provision of your products or services;
• laws that govern false, unfair and deceptive practices, coupons, gift cards/certificates, defective products or services, unclaimed property, alcohol or tobacco, health and safety, fire, and hygiene standards;
• laws that govern lotteries, sweepstakes, contests and promotions; and
• laws that govern the collection of donations and charitable giving.
You are responsible for determining whether our Site or Products are suitable for you to use in light of any regulations, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"), European data privacy laws, or other laws. If you are subject to a particular regulation and you use our Site or Products, then Kangaroo will not be liable if our Site or Products do not meet those requirements.
4. Intellectual Property: KANGAROO shall own all rights, titles and interests relative to features developed by KANGAROO (the “Developments”) immediately upon their creation, regardless of their level of completion. The Client hereby irrevocably grants, transfers and assigns to KANGAROO all rights, titles and interests, as applicable, in all Developments, including translation and reproduction rights in any form or format whatsoever, and any related intellectual property rights, and the Client agrees that KANGAROO may register copyrights relative to these materials in the name of Kangaroo Rewards and renew, reissue or extend such copyrights for any period permitted by law.
5. Third Party Interactions: During use of the Service, you may purchase or subscribe to goods and/or services from third-party providers. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity are solely between you and the applicable third-party. KANGAROO and its licensors shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any relationship between you and any such third-party. KANGAROO does not endorse any third party software or services. KANGAROO provides Application Programming Interfaces (API) only as a matter of integration needs, and in no event shall KANGAROO be responsible for any issue relating to third party integration. KANGAROO provides the Service to you pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Agreement. You recognize, however, that certain third-party providers of ancillary software, hardware or services may require your agreement to additional or different license or other terms prior to your use of or access to such software, hardware or services. Service features that may interoperate with third party Applications such as email, SMS/TEXT, Point of Sale (POS), social media, BI, and other third party systems depend on the continuing availability of their respective application programming interfaces (“API”) and programs for use with the Service. If any of these respective parties ceases to make its respective API or program available on reasonable terms for the Service, KANGAROO may cease providing such Service features without entitling you to any refund, credit or other compensation.
The API Guides are for customer use only. Only third parties with expressed written consent from KANGAROO have permission to use the API Guides.
6. Charges and Payment of Fees: You shall pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fee schedule set forth in the Acceptance Form. You are responsible for paying for the service ordered for the entire License Term and for the entire number of licenses purchased, whether or not the Service is actively used unless non-use is based on continuous unavailability of the Service. In case payments are made by individual store owners under the same License Term, You are responsible for making such payments in case of default or non-payment by the said store owners, no matter the reason for defaulting on such payment. Added services based on the increase of Members will be subject to the following: (i) added services will be coterminous with the pre-existing License Term (either Initial Term or renewal term); (ii) the license fee for the added services will be agreed upon between you and KANGAROO and reflected in a written Acceptance Form; and (iii) services added in the middle of a billing month will be charged in full for that billing month. All pricing terms are confidential, and you agree not to disclose them to any third party other than to your attorneys and advisors.
7. Billing; Renewal and Other Fees: KANGAROO charges and collects in advance for use of the Service. KANGAROO will invoice you annually or as otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing. The renewal charge for each Acceptance Form shall be the same as that during the prior term unless we have given you written notice of a pricing increase at least 30 days before the end of such prior term, in which case the pricing increase shall be effective upon renewal and thereafter. Any such pricing increase shall be based on Location or Membership Price Level changes. You will pay for travel and out-of-pocket expenses incurred by KANGAROO, provided that any such expense have been pre-approved by you in writing and are incurred due to a legitimate need to staff the project with KANGAROO personnel from outside of your geographical area. Fees for other services will be charged as agreed upon in writing by you and KANGAROO. KANGAROO’s fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only taxes based solely on KANGAROO’s income. You agree to provide KANGAROO with complete and accurate billing and contact information. This information includes your legal company name, street address, e-mail address, and name of an authorized billing contact. You agree to update this information within 30 days of any change to it. If you believe your bill is incorrect, you must contact us in writing. Any dispute regarding an invoice must be sent to KANGAROO within 30 days of the date of the invoice, and shall include the amount in question and the reasons why you allege that the invoice is incorrect to be eligible to claim an adjustment or credit, failure of which the invoice shall be deemed to be correct and accepted by you.
8. Non-Payment and Suspension: In addition to any other rights granted to KANGAROO herein, KANGAROO reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Agreement and your access to the Service if your account becomes delinquent (falls into arrears) and any amounts due are not paid within ten days of your receipt of a notice of non-payment from KANGAROO. Notwithstanding the foregoing, KANGAROO reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Agreement and your access to the Service upon Thirty (30) days’ notice if your account becomes delinquent (falls into arrears) and if any amounts due are not paid when due if two (2) or more consecutive payments or three (3) or more payments within any twelve-month period are not paid when due. KANGAROO reserves the right to impose a reconnection fee in the event the Agreement is suspended and you thereafter request access to the Service, provided that it shall be a requirement of any reconnection that you shall have cured all monetary defaults.
9. Termination upon Expiration: The Agreement commences on the Effective Date. The Initial Term will be as mutually agreed upon in an Acceptance Form. Upon the expiration of the Initial Term, the Agreement will automatically renew for successive renewal terms equal in duration to the Initial Term for a fee determined in accordance with Section 8 above. Either party may terminate the Agreement effective only upon the expiration of the then current License Term; provided that written notice of intent to terminate must be provided (i) by KANGAROO to you at least ninety (90) days prior to the last day of the then current License Term and (ii) by you to KANGAROO at least ninety (90) days prior to the last day of the then current License Term. In the event that the Agreement is terminated (other than by reason of your non-payment), KANGAROO will return to you a file of the Customer Data in a machine-readable, non-proprietary format suitable for use for on a personal computer within (i) 30 days of termination if you so request at the time of termination, if terminated by you, or (ii) 30 days if you so request within 30 days of termination if terminated by KANGAROO. In the event that KANGAROO terminates the Agreement as a result of your breach and you cure such breach within ninety (90) days of the termination, KANGAROO will return to you a file of the Customer Data within thirty (30) days of your request thereafter at its then current rates for such services and after settling any outstanding payments. Notwithstanding any of the provisions of the Agreement, you agree and acknowledge that, other than as specifically set forth therein, KANGAROO has no obligation to retain the Customer Data and may delete such Customer Data after the periods referred to in the two immediately preceding sentences, as applicable.
10. Termination for Cause Without limitation: any breach of your payment obligations uncured within 30 days receipt of notice thereof or your unauthorized use of the KANGAROO Service will be deemed a material breach of the Agreement. KANGAROO, in its sole discretion, may terminate the Agreement, your password, account and/or use of the Service if you breach or otherwise fail to comply with the Agreement and such breach remains uncured for more than 30 days following your receipt of notice thereof. In addition, KANGAROO may terminate a free account at any time in its sole discretion. You may terminate the Agreement if KANGAROO breaches or otherwise fails to comply with the Agreement and such breach remains uncured for more than 30 days following KANGAROO’s receipt of notice thereof. In the event of such termination, you will not be responsible for any fees payable following the effective date of such termination but will be responsible to pay any fees payable up to the date of such termination.
11. Representations & Warranties: Each party represents and warrants that it has the legal power and authority to enter into the Agreement. KANGAROO represents and warrants that it will provide the Service in a good and workmanlike manner consistent with general industry standards reasonably applicable to the provision thereof and that the Service will perform substantially in accordance with KANGAROO Service Level Agreement under normal use and circumstances. You represent and warrant that you have not falsely identified yourself nor provided any false information to gain access to the Service and that your billing information is correct.
12. Mutual Indemnification: You shall indemnify, defend and hold KANGAROO, its licensors and each such party’s current, future and former Affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs on a solicitor/client basis) arising out of or in connection with: (i) a claim alleging that KANGAROO’s authorized use of the Customer Data infringes the rights of, or has caused harm to, a third party; (ii) a claim, which if true, would constitute a violation by you of your representations and warranties; or (iii) a claim arising from the breach by you or your Users of the Agreement, provided in any such case that KANGAROO (a) gives written notice of the claim promptly to you, provided that failure to do so will not affect your indemnification obligation except to the extent you are prejudiced thereby; (b) gives you sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim (provided that you may not settle any claim unless you unconditionally release KANGAROO of all liability and such settlement does not affect KANGAROO’s business or Service); (c) provides to you all available information and assistance reasonably requested; and (d) has not compromised or settled such claim. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the provisions of paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) above shall not apply in the event that the claim is brought by KANGAROO or another indemnity party. KANGAROO shall indemnify, defend and hold you and your current, future and former Affiliates, Users (other than brokers), officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs on a solicitor/client basis) arising out of or in connection with: (i) a claim alleging that the Service, or your authorized use thereof, directly infringes or misappropriates the rights (including intellectual Property Rights) of, or has caused harm to, a third party; (ii) a claim, which if true, would constitute a violation by KANGAROO of its representations or warranties; or (iii) a claim arising from breach of the Agreement by KANGAROO; provided in any such case that you (a) promptly give written notice of the claim to KANGAROO, provided that the failure to do so will not affect your indemnification obligation except to the extent that you are prejudiced thereby; (b) give KANGAROO sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim (provided that KANGAROO may not settle any claim unless it unconditionally releases you of all liability and such settlement does not cause you to act or refrain from acting differently, except with respect to the use of the Service); (c) provide to KANGAROO all available information and assistance; and (d) have not compromised or settled such claim. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the provisions of paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) above shall not apply in the event that the claim is brought by you or another indemnity party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, KANGAROO shall have no indemnification obligation, and you shall indemnify KANGAROO pursuant to the Agreement for claims arising from any infringement arising from the combination of the Service with any of your products, service, hardware or business combination, except where such combination was expressly or impliedly authorized by KANGAROO or where such claim would have occurred regardless of such processes. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, KANGAROO shall always be entitled to defend any claim brought pursuant to this paragraph.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties KANGAROO AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT. KANGAROO AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED, LICENSED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (E) ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (F) THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY KANGAROO AND ITS LICENSORS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
14. KANGAROO as per its Hosting Service Level Agreement (“HSLA”) will ensure that the Software is Available for Customer’s use no less than ninety nine percent (99.9%) of the time, seven days a week, 365 days a year, measured on a calendar month basis, except for scheduled downtime periods. This service level is detailed in the HSLA.
15. Limitation of Liability IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU IN THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF THE PARTY FROM WHICH DAMAGES ARE BEING SOUGHT OR SUCH PARTY’S LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
16. Local Laws and Export Control The Service and the software and technology used in connection therewith may be subject to Canada’s export controls administered by the Canadian Department of Commerce and other Canadian agencies. You acknowledge and agree that the Service shall not be used in, and none of the underlying information, software, or technology may be transferred or otherwise exported or re-exported to, countries as to which Canada maintains an embargo (collectively, “Embargoed Countries. The lists of Embargoed Countries are subject to change without notice. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of an Embargoed. You agree to comply strictly with all applicable Canadian, U.S., Swiss and European Union export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. KANGAROO and its licensors make no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use in locations other than Canada and the United States of America. If you use the Service from outside Canada or the United States of America, you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, including without limitation export and import regulations of other countries. Any diversion of the Content contrary to Canadian or the United States law is prohibited.
17. Notice KANGAROO may give notice to you by written communication sent by registered mail or by e-mail to your address or e- mail address, as the case may be, on record in KANGAROO’s account information. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing (if sent by first class, registered mail or nationally-recognized overnight delivery service), upon delivery if sent by a nationally recognized delivery service, to the address set forth in the Acceptance Form, or upon receipt if sent by e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the Acceptance Form. You may give notice to KANGAROO at any time by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail to KANGAROO at the corporate address listed on www.kangaroorewards.com to the attention of: Chief Executive Officer. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing (if sent by first class, registered mail or nationally-recognized overnight delivery service), upon delivery if sent by a nationally recognized delivery service.
18. Modification; KANGAROO may amend this Agreement from time to time due to changes to the Site or the Products, to account for developments under the law, or for any other commercially reasonable reason. Future performance by us of our obligations under this Agreement is sufficient consideration for any such amendment. Any amendment will only become effective upon notification to you (by email or by posting on our Site) and, if you do not want to agree to any such amendment, you should stop using the Site and the Products and contact us to cancel your account. By checking the box or clicking the button next to a link to these terms on any of our sign-up pages, by logging in to your KANGAROO account, by accessing the Site or by accessing any of the Products (including by means of any API interface), you accept this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any business or organization you represent (collectively, "you"). Any terms and conditions that may be contained in any acknowledgement, invoice, purchase order or other form you provide are specifically null and void.
19. Assignment; Change in Control The Agreement may not be assigned by you without the prior written approval of KANGAROO. The Agreement may be assigned by KANGAROO without your consent. Any purported assignment in violation of this section shall be void. Any actual or proposed change in control of you that results or would result in a direct competitor of KANGAROO directly or indirectly owning or controlling 50% or more of the shares of you (if a corporation) shall be considered to be an assignment for the purposes of this section.
20. General; This Agreement shall be governed by Quebec law and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction, and any disputes, actions, claims or causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Quebec. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the invalid or unenforceable provision(s), with all other provisions remaining in full force and effect. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and KANGAROO as a result of this agreement or use of the Service. The failure of KANGAROO to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by KANGAROO in writing. This Agreement, together with any applicable Acceptance Form, comprises the entire agreement between you and KANGAROO and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. KANGAROO may refer to you in advertising or publicity.
21. Survival Sections 1, 4, 12, 13 and 15 of these Terms of Service shall survive any expiration or termination of the Agreement. The Agreement and any amendments thereto may be executed in counterparts. Each such counterpart shall be an original and shall constitute together as one and the same document. The parties agree that a photographic or facsimile copy of the signature evidencing party’s execution shall be effective as an original signature and may be used in lieu of the original for any purpose.
22. Definitions As used in these Terms of Service and in any Acceptance Forms now or hereafter associated herewith: “Acceptance Form(s)” means the form evidencing the initial subscription for the Service and any subsequent order forms submitted in written form, and agreed to in writing by KANGAROO, as may be amended and/or renewed, specifying, among other things, the services contracted for, the applicable fees, the billing period, and other charges as agreed to between the parties. Each such Acceptance Form shall be incorporated into and become a part of these Terms of Service (In the event of any conflict between the terms of these Terms of Service and the terms of any such Acceptance Form, the terms of the Acceptance Form shall prevail.); “Affiliate” means a corporation or other entity which is directly or indirectly controlled by you or which controls you or is under common control with you; corporations or other entities which are Affiliates of the same corporation or other entity shall be deemed to be Affiliates of each other; “Agreement” means the agreement between the parties constituted by these Terms of Service and the exhibits attached hereto (including any Proposal) and any Acceptance Form. “Content” means the audio and visual information, documents, software, products and services contained or made available to you in the course of using the Service; “Customer Data” means any data, information or material provided or submitted by you to the Service in the course of using the Service; “Effective Date” means the earlier of either the date these Terms of Service is accepted by signing digitally or in writing, or the date you begin using the Service; “Initial Term” means the contract term, beginning on the contract start date and ending on the contract end date, specified on the applicable Acceptance Form; “Intellectual Property Rights” means unpatented inventions, patent applications, patents, design rights, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain name rights, mask work rights, know-how and other trade secret rights, and all other intellectual property rights, derivatives thereof, and forms of protection of a similar nature anywhere in the world; “License Administrator(s)” means those Users designated by you who are authorized to purchase services executing written or digital Acceptance Forms and to otherwise administer your use of the Service; “License Term(s)” means the period(s) during which Users are licensed to use the Service pursuant to the Acceptance Form(s); “KANGAROO” means KANGAROO REWARDS, a Canadian Corporation, having its principal place of business located at 2001 University Street, Suite 1700, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2A6; “KANGAROO” means all of KANGAROO’s proprietary technology (including software, hardware, products, processes, algorithms, user interfaces, know-how, techniques, designs and other tangible or intangible technical material or information) made available to you by KANGAROO in providing the Service; “Member” means a participant in customers Loyalty or Gift card program; “Membership Price Level” means the membership pricing tier; “Proposal” means a document prepared by KANGAROO which includes the word “Proposal” in its title and which may identify, among other things, an executive summary of the Service to be provided, KANGAROO’s professional services methodology, your human resource requirements, KANGAROO’s project team and details regarding the description of service. In the event of any conflict between the terms of these Terms of Service and the terms of any such Proposal, the terms of these Terms of Service shall prevail unless otherwise specifically set forth in the Proposal. “Service” means the edition of KANGAROO’s services identified during the ordering process, and any updates, upgrades or subsequent versions of such services released by KANGAROO during the Initial Term or any renewal term, operated and maintained by KANGAROO, accessible via https://www.kangaroorewards.com or another designated web site or IP address, or ancillary online or offline products and services provided to you by KANGAROO, to which you are being granted access under these Terms of Service, including the KANGAROO Technology and the Content; “User(s)” means you and your Affiliates’ employees, representatives, consultants, contractors, brokers or agents who are authorized by you to use the Service and have been supplied user identifications and passwords by you (or by KANGAROO at your request); “You” and “your” mean the signatory to the Acceptance Form or, if the signatory is entering into the Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, such company or other legal entity.
23. Moral Rights
The Client hereby irrevocably waives any moral rights that it may have as of the current date or in the future relative to the Developments, arising from the Copyright Act (Canada), as amended from time to time (or any law replacing such law and having similar effect), or any similar law in any applicable jurisdiction, or in Common Law, to the extent that these rights may be waived in each jurisdiction. These moral rights are waived in favour of KANGAROO REWARDS, its successors and assigns.